The Mediterranean Blue in Ruins Japan
This trip lets you dip into ancient history and brush up all the knowledge of ancient times. Antalya is one of the best places on the Mediterranean coast to get a feel for what life was like in ancient times. On this day, you have the chance to leave no stone unturned of ancient cities shrouded in myths. First stop is Perge with its splendid peristyle market. The local sculptures, the women who were very active on the administrative level of the city and many more eye-opening facts accompany you during the tour. The best-preserved Roman theatre of the ancient world, Aspendos, is your next stop. Just a bit further on are the remains of the city’s aqueduct. Both are itching to hear your decison which architect is the winner. Do not leap to any conclusion before listening to the story behind these masterpieces. Last stop drags you to ancient harbour, Side, with theatre still lording it up over the surrounding countryside and the temple built in the name of Athena and Apollo, city’s deities. At this top sunset-photography territory, you won’t notice even you TOUCH THE EARTH when Apollo pulls the sun away across the sky with his chariot. As the day fades away, the best way to cool yourself off is the wintry waters of Kursunlu Waterfall especially in summer.
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Museum admission fees
- Personal expenses
- Good morning everyone, rise and shine! It is not the best time to sleep after daylight. Draw back the curtains and let the daylight flood in. You are on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey with the exceedingly beautiful sandy shores, waters and forest-blanketed mountains. After breakfast which is the fuel for exploring for the first half of the day till refuel, your tour guide opens a time capsule and give you the chance to do an Antalya’s Past and Present Tour. You start with Perge. With its Roman Gate, nymphaeum, well-preserved baths, agora, colonnaded street, theatre and stadium, it will be quite an experience walking along the streets of a city that lived through golden ages both during Hellenistic period and Roman period.
- If you think Perge is breathtaking, it is absolutely a snap decision. Hold your breath until you see the theatre of Aspendos. In the village of Belkis, the best-preserved Roman theatre of the ancient world, Aspendos will leave you breathless with the city’s stunning aquaduct nearby. You don’t need to worry about your respiratory system, do worry if you take this tour in summer season and it is a still day without a breath of wind.
- Next stop is another ancient city from the time capsule on the Turkish Mediterranean coast, Side whose name means "pomegranate" in ancient times. Its well-preserved amphitheatre rivals the nearby theatre of Aspendos. But, unrivaled Temple of Apollo with a half-dozen columns which have been placed upright makes one of the most romantic sceneries on the Mediterranean coast. Enjoy Mediterranean Sea before taking leave of it. To reach the coast, you will walk along the street through the constant flood of visitors, but it's worth it!
- On the way back to Antalya, we come back to present and drive to Kursunlu Waterfall. Located in the shades of trees, it is a quiet peaceful place with a unique landscape, subtropical nature and a picturesque waterfall. It is very popular among local people, too. The moss-covered multi-colored steps and its romantic aura will make you understand why it is trendy this much.